- Tiger Hills: This is the highest point of Darjeeling. Tourists come here to see the sunrise specially.
: This beautiful lake is near Tiger Hills. So do not forget to be there. Sanchal Lake : This is unique museum, known for collection of Himalayan and Bengali Fauna. This museum has collection of 4300 species. It was built in 1903. Natural Museum
- Rope way: This is the first Rope way of
. Though rope way tourist can reach from North Point to Singla Bazaar. 45 Minutes of this rope way route is really exciting. To enjoy this thrilling adventure tourist will have to book ticket in advance. India : This valley is famous for tea gardens. Where tea preparing process is done with modern machines. Tourist can see this process by getting permission of tea state officer. Happy Tea Valley
- Jaldapadra Sanctuary: Tourist should not forget to visit this sanctuary, as this sanctuary gives you glimpses of nature’s beauty. This sanctuary is famous for Rhino sours. Right time to visit this place is October to May.
- Ghoop Gonpa : 8 km from
, this gonpa has statue of Buddha. This gonpa has manuscripts which are written in pali. Darjeeling
- Batasiya Loop: This place is 5 km from main city. At this place toy train takes unique turn. Most tourists come here to see this loop.
- Zoo: This zoo is not ordinary one. In this zoo tourist can see the rarely found birds and animals. This is only zoo where tourist can see Siberian Tiger. Except that tourist can see Red Panda, Snow Leopard, Snow yak and Great bird.
- Himalayan Mountaineering Institute: This is mountaineering training institute cum museum. In this training institute cum museum you can see collection of old and new equipments of mountaineering. Equipments which are used by Sherpa Tensing are also here and a telescope to see Himalayan hills, which was gifted to king of
by the Hitler. Nepal
How to reach:
By Air: Bagdogra is nearest airport. This is connected to
By Rail: Newjalpaiguri is the nearest rail station.
By Road: Nearest bus station is Siliguri. There is good facility of taxi, bus and jeep from here to reach
Where to stay: Here you can find cheap and costly hotels and guest houses. Except that government tourist lodge is available here.
Seven Seventies, Sangrila and Neelkamal are the main hotels.